An opportunity to talk about what a Digital Britain should mean.
To produce a response to the Digital Britain Interim Report by coming up with our own suggestions for actions, against the govt’s five objectives (below).
Digital Britain: Five objectives
- Upgrading and modernising our digital networks – wired, wireless and broadcast – so that Britain has an infrastructure that enables it to remain globally competitive in the digital world;
- A dynamic investment climate for UK digital content, applications and services, that makes the UK an attractive place for both domestic and inward investment in our digital economy;
- UK content for UK users: content of quality and scale that serves the interests, experiences and needs of all UK citizens; in particular impartial news, comment and analysis;
- Fairness and access for all: universal availability coupled with the skills and digital literacy to enable near-universal participation in the digital economy and digital society; and
- Developing the infrastructure, skills and take-up to enable the widespread online delivery of public services and business interface with Government.
(blurb borrowed from http://tutburydigitalbritain.eventbrite.com – thanks guys!)
Find other events here: http://digitalbritainunconference.wordpress.com/